Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Microsoft Azure virtual machine in your Microsoft Azure environment.
- You try to use the Deploy a SQL Server Database to a Microsoft Azure VM wizard in SQL Server Management Studio to deploy an on-premises database of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Community Technology Preview 2 (CTP2) in the Microsoft Azure environment.
- You choose to create a new virtual machine to deploy the database.
- The deployment fails for some reason, or you cancel the deployment before it is finished.
In this scenario, the deployment wizard deletes the previous virtual machine instead of the new virtual machine on which you tried to deploy the SQL Server instance.
The fix for this issue was first released in the hotfix update package for SQL Server 2014 CTP2
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2907783 - Last Review: June 20, 2014 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Developer Community Technical Preview 2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Enterprise Community Technology Preview 2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard Community Technology Preview 2
|kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB2907783|