When you print a document in Microsoft Word,
landscape-oriented pages in the document may not be properly scaled to the
This behavior occurs if you do the following:
- You create a document by using vertical text
- You specify landscape orientation for the document on the Margins tab in the Page Setup dialog box.
- You specify a paper size for the document on the Paper tab in the Page Setup dialog box.
- When you print the document, you scale the paper size to a
different size in the Print dialog box than you previously specified under Page Setup.
: This behavior does not occur on all printers.
To resolve this issue, print the document to another
To work around this issue, select No Scaling
in the Scale to paper size
list in the Print
dialog box when you print the document.
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 292072 - Last Review: January 31, 2007 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition