This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 6 for Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1 Data Protection Manager. Additionally, this article contains the installation instructions for Update Rollup 6 for System Center 2012 SP1 Data Protection Manager.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
- Catalog generation fails for SharePoint 2013 sites that contain app store parts.
- Update rollup for DPM 2012 SP1 introduces new stored procedures that have incorrect SQL permissions. This causes connectivity issues with DPM UI when opened as a non-admin user.
- SetBackupComplete called prematurely causes SetBackupSucceeded to be called and 0x80042301 in VSS.
- SharePoint item level recovery fails when the first part of the site URL matches another site in SharePoint.
- Status reports says DPMDB is not being protected even though it is protected and there are valid Recovery Points on tape for it.
- Invalid Trace Message format string causes second chance System.FormatException and termination of DPM Process.
To install the update for Data Protection Manager, follow these steps:
- Before you install this update, make a backup of the Data Protection Manager database.
- Install the rollup package on the server that is running System Center 2012 SP1 Data Protection Manager. To do this, run Microsoft Update on the server.
Note Before you install this update through Microsoft Update, the Data Protection Manager console should be closed. You may have to restart the Data Protection Manager server after you install this rollup package.
- In the Data Protection Manager Administrator console, update the protection agents. To do this, use one of the following methods:
Method 1: Update the protection agents from the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console
- Open the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console.
- Click the Management tab, and then click the Agents tab.
- In the Protected Computer list, select a computer, and then click Update on the Action pane.
- Click Yes, and then click Update Agents.
Note You may have to restart the computer after you install the agent upgrades.
Method 2: Update the protection agents on the protected computers
- Obtain the update protection agent package from the following directory on the System Center 2012 SP1 Data Protection Manager server:
The installation packages are as follows:
- For x86-based updates: i386\1033\DPMAgentInstaller_KB2958098.exe
- For x64-based updates: amd64\1033\DPMAgentInstaller_KB 2958098_AMD64.exe
- Run the appropriate DPMAgentInstaller.exe package on each protected computer, based on the architecture of the agent.
- Open the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console on the System Center 2012 SP1 Data Protection Manager server.
- Click the Management tab, and then click the Agents tab. Select the protected computers, update the information, and then verify that the agent version number is 4.1.3441.0.
Update packages for Data Protection Manager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an applicable System Center 2012 SP1 component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup packages that you want to install, and then click OK.
- To install the selected update packages, click Install updates.
Manual download of the update packages
To manually download the update packages, go to the following from the Microsoft Update Catalog website:
Download the DPM update package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Article ID: 2958098 - Last Review: May 20, 2014 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager Service Pack 1