Article ID: 65295 - View products that this article applies to.
This article was previously published under Q65295
A method of differentiating between critical and noncritical milestone tasks is often desired. The Gantt Chart can be easily formatted to display a different color or shape to indicate the type of the milestone.
Perform the following steps to format the Gantt Chart to display critical and noncritical milestones:
Microsoft Project 2010 and 20131. Switch to Gantt Chart view.
2. Click the Format Tab.
3. Click the Format button, and select Bar Styles.
4. In the Show for...Tasks field, click Milestone . Add a comma and the word, Critical to the end, so that it looks like this:
Milestone,Active,Not Group By Summary,Not Manually Scheduled,Critical
5. Set any other options such as colors and shapes you want to use for this milestone.
6. In the Name field, click Summary . Click Insert Row .
7. In the Name field in the blank row, type Milestone Noncritical . In the Appearance field, select a shape. In the Show for...Tasks field, enter Milestone, Noncritical .
8. In the From and To fields select Task Start.
9. Set any other options such as colors and shapes you want to use for this milestone.
10. Click OK .
Microsoft Project 2003 and 2007
Article ID: 65295 - Last Review: March 22, 2013 - Revision: 7.0
Contact us for more help
Connect with Answer Desk for expert help.