When you run the Internet Connection Sharing Wizard, you may
receive one of the following error messages:
occurred while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled. The dependency
service or group failed to start.
Dependency service or group failed to start.
To have us fix this problem for you, go to the "Fix it for me
" section. If you prefer to fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself
Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it
button or link. Click Run
in the File Download
dialog box, and then follow the steps in the Fix it wizard. Notes
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?
Let me fix it myself
To resolve this issue, make sure that all dependent services have been started. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Help
- Under Pick a Task, click Use
Tools to view your computer information and diagnose
- In the Tools area, click System
- In the right pane, click Open System Configuration Utility. This opens the System Configuration Utility.
- Click the Services tab.
- Make sure all the following services are turned on. To turn on
a service, click to select the check box.
- Application Layer Gateway Service
- Network Connections
- Network Location Awareness (NLA)
- Plug and Play
- Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
- Remote Access Connection Manager
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Click OK, and then click
- After Windows restarts, rerun the Internet Connection
For additional information about this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Service Does Not Start and Displays "Error 1058"
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me
" blog or send us an email
Article ID: 827328 - Last Review: December 1, 2010 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
|kbsecurity kbmisctools kbmsifixme kbfixme KB827328|