This article describes how to turn Microsoft Internet Explorer Pop-up Blocker on or off on a Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)-based computer.
Many advertisers on the Internet use pop-up windows to display their message in a way that is hard to miss. Internet Explorer Pop-up Blocker lets you prevent most pop-up windows from appearing over Web pages when you are browsing the Internet. Note
By default, Pop-up Blocker is enabled.
To turn Pop-up Blocker on or off, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type inetcpl.cpl, and then click OK to open the Internet Properties dialog box. Alternatively, open Internet Explorer, and then click Internet Options on the Tools menu to open the Internet Properties dialog box.
- Click the Privacy tab, and then do either of the following:
- Click to select Block pop-ups to turn Pop-up Blocker on.
- Click to clear Block pop-ups to turn Pop-up Blocker off.
Article ID: 909604 - Last Review: April 6, 2006 - Revision: 1.5
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
|kbhowto kbexpertisebeginner KB909604|