Microsoft has released security bulletin MS06-071. The security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security update. This information includes file manifest information and deployment options. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites:
Known issue with this security update
Additional information about this security update
- If you have multiple versions of Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) installed, you may have to install multiple packages for this security update. Additionally, if you install a version of MSXML after you install this security update, you may have to install an additional package for this security update.
For more information about the different MSXML versions that are available or included with various Microsoft products or software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
List of Microsoft XML Core Services (XML Parser) versions
- Security update package 927977 for MSXML 6.0 is a complete installation package. You can use this package to install MSXML 6.0 on a computer that has no earlier versions of MSXML 6.0 installed. You can also use this package to update an existing installation of MSXML 6.0.
- Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and SMS 2003 Inventory Tool for Microsoft Updates only offer security update package 927977 if an earlier version of MSXML 6.0 is already installed on your computer.
- This security update is installed in the %SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32 folder.
- When you remove security update 927977 for MSXML 6.0, MSXML 6.0 is completely removed from the computer.
- To install this security update in quiet mode with verbose logging, and without restarting the computer, use a command-line command that resembles the following:
For x86-based computers:
msxml6-KB927977-enu-x86.exe /q REBOOT=ReallySuppress /l*v c:\KB927977.logFor IA-64-based computers:
msxml6-KB927977-enu-ia64.exe /q REBOOT=ReallySuppress /l*v c:\KB927977.logFor AMD64-based computers:
msxml6-KB927977-enu-amd64.exe /q REBOOT=ReallySuppress /l*v c:\KB927977.logA detailed log of the installation process will be located in the file that is specified in the command. In this example, the file is c:\KB927977.log.
- The file that security update package 927977 for MSXML 6.0 installs is listed in the following table.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
| File name || Version || Date || Time || Size |
| Msxml6.dll ||6.0.3890.0 || 11/4/2006|| 8:25|| 1.25 MB|
Article ID: 927977 - Last Review: March 29, 2007 - Revision: 3.3
- Microsoft XML Core Services 6.0
|kbexpertisebeginner kbqfe KB927977|