Note The package name for CU15, "SQLServer2012-KB3194725-<x86/x64>.exe", contains the MS16-136 KB number (3194725), not the CU15 KB number, (3205416). This can be ignored as a single package services both release channels.
- Cumulative updates are now available at the Microsoft Download Center.
- Only the most recent cumulative update that was released for SQL Server 2012 SP2 is available at the Download Center.
- All fixes that are described in this article will be included in all future SQL Server 2012 SP2 cumulative updates.
Note After future CUs are released for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2, this CU can be downloaded from the Microsoft Windows Update Catalog. However, we recommend that you install the latest CU that's available.
If the download page doesn't appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the cumulative update package.
The Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services Attunity Oracle CDC Designer/Service Feature Pack is a stand-alone package which provides additional value for SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
Download the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services Attunity Oracle CDC Designer/Service Feature Pack package now.
- We recommend that you test hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment.
- We recommend that you apply the most recent update release .
- This cumulative package is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems.
- The most recent update release contains all the hotfixes and all the updates that were included with the previous SQL Server 2012 update release.
- We recommend that you upgrade your SQL Server to the latest SQL Server 2012 service pack .
Hybrid environments deployment
- SQL Server failover cluster rolling update and service pack process.
Note If you don't want to use the rolling update process, follow these steps in order to apply a CU or SP:
- Install the service pack on the passive node.
- Install the service pack on the active node. (This step requests service restart.)
- Upgrade and update of availability group servers that use minimal downtime and data loss.
Note If you enabled AlwaysOn with SSISDB catalog for additional considerations about how to apply a CU or SP in these environments, see the information about SSIS with AlwaysOn.
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a transactional replication and database mirroring topology
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a replication topology
- How to install service packs and hotfixes on an instance of SQL Server that is configured to use database mirroring
- Overview of SQL Server Servicing Installation
PrerequisitesTo apply this cumulative update package, you must be running SQL Server 2012 SP2.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you don't have to make any changes to the registry.
- Announcing updates to the SQL Server Incremental Servicing Model (ISM)
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2012.
- The script to determine which version and edition of SQL Server Database Engine is running
- The Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server to deliver hotfixes for reported problems.
- Naming schema for Microsoft SQL Server software update packages.
- Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates.
Article ID: 3205416 - Last Review: Jan 6, 2017 - Revision: 1