If you have problems with your phone, check these easy steps first.
1. Restart your phone
Remove the battery, wait a minute and put it back into the phone. Switch your phone on.
2. Stop or remove recently installed applications
Some third-party applications may have quality issue and crash frequently or even adversely affect the stability of your device. If you are noticing such symptoms first try to clear the application data to eliminate the possibility of a memory glitch:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Manage apps
- Locate the offending application and tap on it
- Tap Clear data and Clear cache
If the application continues to misbehave you should uninstall it from your phone.
3. Start your phone in Safe Mode
In Safe Mode, only a few essential system processes are allowed to run. This allows you to see if a recently installed application is preventing your phone from starting properly
- Power on your phone.
- When you hear the startup tone and Nokia logo starts flashing, press and hold the volume down button until the phone starts up.
- If the phone is started in safe mode, you will see the Safe text in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Once you have removed the offending application, power your phone off and back on to restart it in normal mode.
4. Restore the original factory settings
Resetting the phone to factory settings will erase all your personal data and installed applications. Make sure you have all your important data backed up before performing the reset.
Select Settings > Backup and reset > Factory reset
5. Reinstall your software
If you have Nokia X2 Dual SIM phone, Software Recovery Tool can help you to reset and recover your phone software at home, if your phone is not responding, frozen, or experiencing software related problems.
Important! Using the Software Recovery Tool will erase all content stored on your phone, including apps and games (along with app data and game progress), text messages, call history, music, photos and more. If possible, you should back up your phone first (see user guide for instructions). You will be able to restore a backup once the recovery is complete.
- Download and install Nokia Software Recovery Tool to your computer. If possible, make sure that your phone's battery is fully charged.
- Start Nokia Software Recovery Tool, and connect the phone to the computer with a compatible USB cable. If prompted, select the correct USB mode on your phone: Nokia Suite or Modem.
- Follow the instructions shown on the tool.
If these steps did not solve your problem, you can seek further assistance from our user forums.