The following table explains what languages and text-to-speech (TTS) voices are available in the latest version of Windows.
|Language, country, or region||Male TTS voice||Female TTS voice|
|Arabic (Saudi Arabia)||Naayf||Not applicable|
|Chinese (Simplified)||Kangkang||Huihui, Yaoyao|
|Cantonese (Traditional, Hong Kong SAR)||Danny||Tracy|
|Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)||Zhiwei||Yating, Hanhan|
|Czech (Czech Republic)||Jakub||Not applicable|
|English (Great Britain)||George||Hazel, Susan|
|English (Ireland)||Sean||Not applicable|
|English (United States)||David, Mark||Zira|
|Flemish (Belgian Dutch)||Bart||Not applicable|
|French (France)||Paul||Hortence, Julie|
|French (Switzerland)||Guillaume||Not applicable|
|German (Austria)||Michael||Not applicable|
|German (Germany)||Stefan||Hedda, Katja|
|German (Switzerland)||Karsten||Not applicable|
|Hungarian (Hungary)||Szabolcs||Not applicable|
|Indonesian (Indonesia)||Andika||Not applicable|
|Portuguese (Portugal)||Not applicable||Helia|
|Romanian (Romania)||Andrei||Not applicable|
|Slovak (Slovakia)||Filip||Not applicable|
|Spanish (Spain)||Pablo||Helena, Laura|
|Thai (Thailand)||Pattara||Not applicable|
Add a TTS voice to your PC
To use one of these voices, add it to your PC:
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Time & Language > Language.
- Select Add a preferred language and search for the language you want to add. Languages that have a TTS voice available have a Narrator (Text-to-speech) icon next to them. Choose a language that has a TTS voice available, and select Next.
- Select the check boxes to indicate if you want to read Windows in that language (Set as my display language), let Windows recognize speech or handwriting in that language, and more. Then, select Install.
- Select the new language, then select Options. If needed, select the Download buttons under Language pack and Speech.
- Once the language is downloaded, go to Settings > Ease of Access > Narrator. Under Choose a voice, select the voice you want to use.
Go back to the Table of Contents