Here are two ways you can change which apps will automatically run at startup in Windows 10:
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Startup. Make sure any app you want to run at startup is turned On.
- If you don’t see the Startup option in Settings, right-click the Start button, select Task Manager, then select the Startup tab. (If you don’t see the Startup tab, select More details.) Select the app you want to change, then select Enable to run it at startup or Disable so it doesn’t run. Watch the video to see how to do it.
To add an app to Startup:
- Select the Start button and scroll to find the app you want to run at startup.
- Right-click the app, select More, and then select Open file location. This opens the location where the shortcut to the app is saved. If there isn’t an option for Open file location, it means the app can’t run at startup.
- With the file location open, press the Windows logo key + R, type shell:startup, then select OK. This opens the Startup folder.
- Copy and paste the shortcut to the app from the file location to the Startup folder.