This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 3 for Microsoft System Center 2016 Service Manager. This article also contains the installation instructions for this update.
System Center 2016 Service Manager now supports Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Service Pack 1.
Extending a class and adding a new property that has a default value causes Active Directory (AD) and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) connectors to create incorrect relationships for the extended class objects. This update fixes this problem for subsequent connector syncs, but the already existing incorrect relationships require manual update.
The file name extension of an attachment uploaded from the Self Service Portal changes when viewed from the Service Manager console.
Submitting a Request Offering fails in the Self Service Portal if the description form element contains “<” or “>” characters.
Self Service Portal fails to honor the attachment file size restriction specified in the Service Manager console settings.
The Request Offering page in Self Service Portal fails to load if that Request Offering contains a list form element with ServiceRequestSupportGroupEnum enumeration list.
Update packages for Service Manager are available by manual download.
Go to the following website to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Download Center:
For information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Before the installation
Before you apply this update, follow these steps:
Exit all Service Manager-related applications before you apply this update. For example, exit the Service Manager Console, the Self Service Portal links, and the authoring tool.
Make sure that the Data Warehouse Server has successfully synchronized with the Management Server at least one time.
Make sure that the update is installed on the Service Manager components in the following order:
- Data Warehouse Server
- Primary Management Server
- Secondary Management Servers
- Self Service Portal Server
If any customizations have been made in the portal sidebar by following the steps that are in the "Customizing the left menu bar" section of this document, make a backup of the Views\Shared\Sidebar.cshtml file.
- Download the update to a target folder. This update contains both the x86-based version and the x64-based version.
- Open the destination folder, and then right-click SCSM2016_CU_KB4019979_amd64_7.5.7487.64.exe.
- Click Run as administrator.
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then follow the steps in the installation wizard.
After the installation
- Restart all the consoles as soon as the update is installed.
- If any customizations were backed up for portal sidebar (as mentioned in Before the installation steps), merge the required changes in the updated Views\Shared\Sidebar.cshtml file.
- Restart the machine that hosts your portal IIS server.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 4019979 - Last Review: 16-Jun-2017 - Revision: 20