Note This security update applies to Visual Studio 2013 Update 5 except for Visual Studio Isolated and Integrated Shells, Build Tools, Remote Tools, and Express for Web.
To apply this security update, you must have Visual Studio 2013 Update 5 installed.
You may have to restart the computer after you apply this security update if an instance of Visual Studio is being used.
Security update replacement information
This security update doesn't replace other security updates.
For deployment details for this security update, see the following Knowledge Base article:
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
To verify that this security update is applied correctly, follow these steps:
- Open the Visual Studio 2013 folder.
- Locate the Dxtex.dll file in the Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\VsGraphics folder.
- Verify that the file version is equal to or greater than 12.0.40689.0.
If you elected to install the optional component (Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.0/8.1 Tools), follow these additional steps:
- Locate the Dxtex.dll file in the Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\VsGraphics folder.
- Verify that the file version is equal to or greater than 11.0.61246.400.