Please be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
Improvements and Fixes
- When you open a presentation (.ppt) that contains master content (for example, a shape includes a shape) in PowerPoint 2013, PowerPoint 2013 crashes.
- When you use a mouse to switch slides in a presentation by using the presenter view in PowerPoint 2013, it does not switch to the next slide immediately, and there is a delay of some seconds.
- When you run an object model command that contains the InsertFromFile method to insert a slide into a presentation in PowerPoint 2013, the media content (such as picture, audio, and video content) is lost in the inserted slide.
- When you copy and paste some content that contains an ActiveX control to a presentation slide in PowerPoint 2013, you receive the following error message:An error occurred during creation of ActiveX control.
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2965256 for 32-bit version of PowerPoint 2013
- Download update KB2965256 for 64-bit version of PowerPoint 2013
- Start PowerPoint 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|