Please be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
Improvements and Fixes
- Office Add-ins (formerly Apps for Office) and online videos cannot be enabled in a document in an Office 2013 application. This issue occurs if you disable protected mode for the Internet zone (clear the Enable Protected Mode check box for the Internet zone).
- When you try to input something in a text box of an Office Add-in (formerly App for Office) in a presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint 2013, you cannot input any text.
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2986156 for 32-bit version of Office 2013
- Download update KB2986156 for 64-bit version of Office 2013
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|