Please be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
Improvements and Fixes
- When you apply actual work to a project in Project 2013, the actual work may be applied to an incorrect resource. This issue may occur when one resource is exchanged for another while a status update is pending.
- When you edit a cell through the entry bar for a project in Project 2013, the cell is displayed as solid black and you cannot see the cell value.
- When you export an XML file and then import it to a new project in Project 2013, the work and the actual work time-phased values may be incorrect.
- When you publish a project to a project server that contains an updated status manager on a task, the status manager name is not updated in the reporting database on the server.
- When you browse to the Project Center and then click to open a project in Project Professional, the wrong profile may be used and the URL information in the profile is overwritten with the wrong details. This issue occurs most frequently when you have multiple URLs that point to the same physical Project Web App (PWA) instance, and you have different profile in Project Professional for each URL.
- When you try to save enterprise resources where there is an enterprise custom field originally created in Project 2003, the changes are not saved.
- When you open a series of projects that have cross-project dependencies in Project 2013, Project may crash.
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB2986246 for 32-bit version of Project 2013
- Download update KB2986246 for 64-bit version of Project 2013
- Start Project 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|