Be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixes
- Free disk space is decreased after every cache corruption because old cache files are left. This update cleans up old cache files.
- Cache migration takes a long period that causes user changes not being uploaded. This update improves the performance of cache migration for large data sets.
- You can't real-time co-author documents in Microsoft OneDrive as expected in Microsoft Word 2016. You can't see changes of other co-authors until you refresh the document, and you can't see position of other co-authors on the document (the presence on the Share panel).
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3101511 for 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download update KB3101511 for 64-bit version of Office 2016
- Open an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|