Improvements and fixes
This non-security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of KB4284826 (released June 12, 2018) and also includes these new quality improvements as a preview of the next Monthly Rollup update:
- Updates the Universal CRT to achieve parity with the Windows 10 Universal CRT build 10.0.14393.0.
- Addresses an issue in which SmartHeap didn't work with UCRT.
- Addresses an issue that occurs when you enable UNC Hardened Access with RequireMutualAuthentication=1 after installing KB3000483. Windows 7 SP1 DFS clients that authenticate to 802.1x WLAN Access Points will fail to apply Group Policies, run scripts at user logon, or receive roaming user profiles.
- Addresses an issue that prevents customers from accessing protected keys after changing an Azure Active Directory or domain password while offline. This issue may prevent customers from decrypting encrypted documents and from authenticating when connecting to online resources.
- Addresses an encoding issue with the Bitcoin symbol.
- Addresses an issue in which the Universal CRT cannot output Japanese characters by using the putwchar function and std::cout/std::wcout objects.
Known issues in this update
|After you apply this update, the network interface controller may stop working on some client software configurations. This occurs because of an issue related to a missing file, oem<number>.inf. The exact problematic configurations are currently unknown.|| |
a. Alternatively, install the drivers for the network device by right-clicking the device and selecting Update. Then select Search automatically for updated driver software or Browse my computer for driver software.
How to get this update
This is provided as an Optional update on Windows Update. For more information about how to run Windows Update, see How to get an update through Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for update 4284842.