Filter and block inappropriate content on the web across Windows 10, Xbox, and Android devices with Family Safety.
When web and search filters are turned on, make sure your family member is signed into Microsoft Edge on their device. We will block other commonly used browsers so your family member can’t access blocked and inappropriate websites. You can unblock browsers in Content filters, but web and search features may not work properly.
Note: For web and search features to work, you'll need to have the Microsoft Edge browser downloaded on their device. They will also need to be signed into Microsoft Edge with their Microsoft (MSA) account.
Sign in to your account in the Family Safety app.
Find your family member, then tap their name > Content filters > Web and search.
Turn on Filter inappropriate websites.
When they ask to use a blocked website, you can approve it and add it to the Always allowed list.
You can add specific websites to the Always allowed and Never allowed lists. You can also choose to turn on Only let them use allowed websites.
1. Sign in to your account at family.microsoft.com
2. Find your family member, then go to Content filters > web and search .
3. Scroll down switch Block inappropriate websites from Off to On.
4. If you want to always block specific sites, add their URLs under Always blocked.
5. If you want your child to only see websites you've explicitly allowed, check the box next to Only allow these websites.