Change Internet Explorer settings
There are many changes you can make to customize your browsing experience in Internet Explorer. To view all settings and options, open Internet Explorer on the desktop, select the Tools button, and then select Internet options.
Reset Internet Explorer settings
You can reset Internet Explorer settings to what they were when Internet Explorer was first installed on your PC. This is useful for troubleshooting problems that may be caused by settings that were changed after installation. Be aware that this process isn't reversible, and all previous Internet Explorer settings are lost after reset.
- Close all open windows and programs.
- Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, and then select Internet options.
- Select the Advanced tab, and then select Reset.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, select Close, and then select OK. Restart your PC to apply changes.