Support for older versions of Internet Explorer ended on January 12, 2016.
Sometimes, a website you're visiting doesn't look like you expect it to. Images might not appear, menus might be out of place, and text could be jumbled together. These can be caused by a compatibility problem between Internet Explorer and the site you're on. When a site is incompatible with Internet Explorer, you'll see the Compatibility View button
To turn on Compatibility View
- See if the Compatibility View button appears in the address bar. (If you don't see the button, there's no need to turn on Compatibility View.)
- Select the Compatibility View button to display the site in Compatibility View. The button will turn bluewhen Compatibility View is turned on for a site.
Once you turn on Compatibility View, Internet Explorer will automatically show that site in Compatibility View each time you visit. You can turn it off by selecting the Compatibility View button
To clear the list of Compatibility View sites
- Open Internet Explorer and press the Alt key to display the Menu bar (or right-click the Address bar and then select Menu bar).
- Select Tools , and then select Delete browsing history.
- In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the History check box, and then Delete.
Article ID: 17471 - Last Review: Aug 31, 2016 - Revision: 14