The new Windows comes with Windows Defender
Minimum system requirements for running Microsoft Security Essentials
- Operating System: Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2), Windows 7
- A PC with a CPU clock speed of 1.0 GHz or higher, and 1 GB RAM or higher.
- VGA display of 800 × 600 or higher.
- 200 MB of available hard disk space.
- An Internet connection is required for installation and to download the latest virus and spyware definitions for Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Internet Browser:
- Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or later
As of April 8, 2014, technical support for Windows XP and Windows XP Mode are no longer available, including updates that help protect your PC. Learn more about Windows XP end of support.
Article ID: 18268 - Last Review: Aug 31, 2016 - Revision: 16