- You have a computer that is running Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009.
- You customize the name of the MessageBox database in BizTalk Server. Therefore, the MessageBox database name is not BizTalkMsgboxDb.
- You install Microsoft BizTalk Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Toolkit 2.0, and then you install the ESB Management Portal.
- You visit the portal site of the ESB Management Portal.
In this scenario, you may receive the following error message:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
Registry informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, type regedit in the search box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- Right-click EnableNegotiate, click Modify, select Decimal, and then change the value of the Value data box to 1.
- Exit Registry Editor.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have Microsoft BizTalk Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Toolkit 2.0 installed.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfix.
Installation instructionsTo apply this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Install the hotfix.
Note The Microsoft.Practices.ESB.BizTalkOperations.dll file is modified as part of the hotfix at one of the following locations:
- %systemdrive%:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk ESB Toolkit 2.0\Bin
- %systemdrive%:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk ESB Toolkit 2.0\Bin
- Install the .dll file in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC).
- In the Web.config file for the ESB Portal site, search the text for "runtime" and locate the following assemblyBinding entry:Note If there are no runtime or assemblyBinding entries, create them.
- Add the following code under the assemblyBinding entry in order to add an entry for assembly redirection:
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Practices.ESB.BizTalkOperations" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="188.8.131.52" newVersion="184.108.40.206"/>
TransCategory table, visit the following MSDN website:
Article ID: 2286056 - Last Review: Jun 3, 2013 - Revision: 1