- The issue that the update rollup fixes
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issue that the update rollup fixesUpdate Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2010 RTM fixes the issue that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- 2266458 You cannot uninstall Exchange Server 2010 RTM after you install Update Rollup 2, Update Rollup 3, or Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010
Update rollup informationTo download and to install Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2010 RTM, visit the following Microsoft Update website:
- Microsoft Update does not detect Update rollups on Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG). However, you can obtain the update from the Microsoft Download Center.
- The update rollup can also be deployed to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2010 RTM.
When you install the update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
This behavior is caused by network requests that connect to the http://crl.microsoft.com/pki/crl/products/CodeSigPCA.crl website. The network requests look up the certificate revocation list for each assembly that native image generation (NGen) compiles to native code. However, if the Exchange Server is not connected to the Internet, then each request must wait to time-out before the installation can continue.
To resolve this problem, disable the Check for publisher’s certificate revocation setting on the server that you are upgrading.
1. In Internet Explorer, select Tools, select Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
2. In the Security section, clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box.
3. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
We recommend that you clear this security option in Internet Explorer if the computer is in a tightly controlled environment. When setup is complete, recheck the Check for publisher’s certificate revocation check box.
Important information for Outlook Web App users about Outlook Web App customization
When you apply an update rollup, the update process will overwrite any required Outlook Web App files. If you have changed the Logon.aspx file or other Outlook Web App files, the customizations will be overwritten to make sure that Outlook Web App is updated correctly. After you apply the update rollup, you must re-create any Outlook Web App customizations.
We recommend that you always make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web App files before you apply the update rollup. For more information about Outlook Web App customization details, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more information about CAS-CAS proxying, visit the following Microsoft Website:
PrerequisitesThe following list contains the prerequisites for Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2010 RTM:
- Exchange Server 2010 RTM must be installed on the computer before you apply this update rollup.
- All interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 RTM must be removed before you apply this update rollup.