- Extending a large-volume class causes the Service Manager console to stop responding indefinitely.
- Adding a 25th child item on a list results in an error.
- Fact tables that are based on relationships with properties lose data after the relationship is deleted.
You must have System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed to install this cumulative update.
Components to which this cumulative update appliesThis cumulative update applies to the following Service Manager components:
- Service Manager Management Server (SM Server)
- Data Warehouse Management Server (DW Server)
How to install this cumulative updateImportant Before you install this cumulative update, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Back up the following databases:
- Back up the encryption keys for SM Server and for DW Server.
To install this cumulative update, follow these steps:
- Exit all Service Manager-related applications before you apply this cumulative update. For example, exit the Service Manager Console, the Self-Service Portal links, and the authoring tool.
- Download the cumulative update to a target folder.
- Open the target folder.
- Right-click the following file, and then click Run as administrator:SCSM2010_SP1_AMD64_KB2484853.exe
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then follow the steps in the installation wizard.
- For the Data Warehouse Management Server, manually start the System Center Management service after the cumulative update installation is complete.
- Increase the management pack version.
- Reseal the management pack.
- Reimport the management pack.
The MPSyncJob job will then automatically sync the reimported management pack to the data warehouse on the next synchronization, and the affected transform procedures will be updated.
On systems that have the Service Manager Authoring Tool installed, update the management packs in the Library folder of the Authoring Tool. To do this, follow these steps:
- From the Cumulative Update 3 download page, download the following file to the local computer on which the Authoring Tool is installed:KB2484853_MPLibraryUpdate_AuthoringTool.exe
- Double-click the .exe file, and then wait for the files to be extracted.
- Locate the following folder:%SystemDrive%\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2010\hotfix_KB2484853\AuthoringToolMPUpdateThis is where the management pack files were extracted.
- Copy all files from that folder to the following folder, replacing the existing files:Authoring Tool installation drive\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2010 Authoring\Library\
- If the Authoring Tool is running, restart it to load the updated management packs.
How to verify a successful installation of this cumulative update
- In Control Panel, open Programs and Features.
- Click View installed updates.
- Verify that the following item is listed:
- Hotfix for Microsoft System Center Service Manager SP1 (SCSM2010_SP1_QFEKB2484853)
If the system is running DW server, this item appears under Microsoft System Center Service Manager DataWarehouse SP1.
Method 2View the log files to determine whether any error occurred during the installation of the cumulative update. To do this, examine the following log files in the %temp% folder:
|File name||Version||Applies to|
Note The following file is downloaded by the Service Manager Console as needed:
- Open the Service Manager Console.
- Click Library, and then click Lists.
- Select any Lists properties, click Add Item, and then click OK.
- Locate the following:%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\System Center Service Manager 2010\SMServerName\ 7.0.6555.101The placeholder SMServerName represents the name of the Service Manager Server to which the Console is connected.
|Management pack name||Management pack version|
|Service Manager Library Management Pack||7.0.6555.101|
Article ID: 2484853 - Last Review: Feb 3, 2011 - Revision: 1