- You configure native site mode on a Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) site server.
- You reinstall the operating system of a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 client by using an operating system deployment (OSD) task sequence.
- You specify a different computer name in the OSD task sequence. This new computer name is registered by another client.
For example, consider the following scenario:
- You configure native mode as the site mode on a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 site server.
- You install the System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 client on two computers that are named "PC1" and "PC2."
- You reinstall the "PC2" client by using an OSD task sequence.
- You specify the name "PC1" for the client in the operating system deployment task sequence.
To resolve this issue, install the following hotfix package on the primary and secondary System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 site servers.
For more information about the steps to deploy a hotfix package to the System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 site server, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed.
Restart requirementIf you close the Configuration Manager administrator console before you install this hotfix, you do not have to restart the computer.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
File informationThe English (United States) version of this hotfix installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
System Center Configuration Manager 2007 file information notes
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Mp.msi||Not applicable||9,334,784||01-Feb-2010||14:40||Not applicable|
|Update.sql||Not applicable||65,259||01-Feb-2010||14:40||Not applicable|
Article ID: 2504229 - Last Review: Apr 7, 2011 - Revision: 1