Steps to change the network connection priority in Windows 7
- Click Start, and in the search field, type View network connections.
- Press the ALT key, click Advanced Options and then click Advanced Settings...
- Select Local Area Connection and click the green arrows to give priority to the desired connection.
- After organizing the network connections available according to your preferences, click OK.
- The computer will now follow an order of priority when detecting available connections.
Steps to change wireless network connection priority in Windows 7
- Click Start, and in the search field, type Network and Sharing Center.
- In Network and Sharing Center, click Manage wireless networks.
- Click the connection to be given priority (e.g. Connection 2 has less priority than Connection 1), and then click Move up.
- The next time it is detecting the networks, the computer will give more priority to Connection 2 than to Connection 1.
Your opinion is important to us: Send your opinion on these articles using the comments field at the bottom. You'll be helping us to improve the content. Thank you very much!