For information about the differences between Microsoft Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook e-mail clients, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
257824 OL2000: Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express
When you try to receive e-mail messages in Outlook Express, you may receive the following error message:
There is not enough disk space. Account: (mail account), Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C013C.
This behavior occurs if the Inbox.dbx file is damaged.
To resolve this problem, quit Outlook Express, and then rename the Inbox.dbx file. When you restart Outlook Express, the Inbox.dbx file is automatically regenerated. You do, however, loose your old Inbox items.
- Quit Outlook Express.
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
- In the Named box, type inbox.dbx.
- In the Look In box, click your primary hard disk (usually drive C), and then click Find Now.
- Right-click the Inbox.dbx file, and then click Rename.
- Rename the file to Inbox.old, and then click OK.
- Start Outlook Express. This automatically creates a new Inbox.dbx file.