Installing MagnifierIf there is no Accessibility item when you click Start, point to Programs, and then point to Accessories, you must install this feature:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click the Windows Setup tab.
- Click to select the Accessibility check box.
- Click OK. Note that you may be prompted to insert your Windows CD-ROM.
- When you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.
Using MagnifierMagnifier creates a separate window that displays a magnified portion of your screen. Magnifier is intended to provide a minimum level of functionality for users with slight visual impairments. When you are using Magnifier, you can:
- Change the magnification level.
- Change the size of the magnification window.
- Change the position of the magnification window on your desktop.
- Invert the screen colors.
- Use a high-contrast setting.
- Following the mouse pointer as it moves on your screen.
- Following the keyboard focus, which centers on the location of the mouse pointer.
- Following text editing.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to Accessibility, and then click Magnifier.
- Click Start, click Run, type magnify, and then click OK or press ENTER.
- Press CTRL+ESC, press R, type magnify, and then press ENTER.
For a list of Windows-based accessibility utilities, see the Microsoft Accessibility Web site at:
Article ID: 257561 - Last Review: Jan 26, 2007 - Revision: 1