For information about the differences between Microsoft Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook e-mail clients, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
257824 OL2000: Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express
This article describes how to change your existing Internet e-mail account information. For example you might want Outlook Express to show a different e-mail address or display name when you send e-mail messages.
To change your existing account information, you need information about your new account. This information is available from your Internet service provider (ISP). The information that you need includes:
- The name of the incoming Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) server.
- The name of the outgoing Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) mail server, or the Internet Mail Access Protocol (IMAP) mail server.
- Your new e-mail name, account name, and password.
- The ability to use a Dial-Up Networking connection to your ISP, or a local area network (LAN) with access to the Internet.
- Advanced Internet settings, if any are specified by your ISP.
How to Change Your Account InformationYou can easily change your e-mail account information, such as your e-mail address and display name. Use these steps to access your e-mail account properties:
- Start Outlook Express.
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
- On the Mail tab, click your existing e-mail account, and then click Properties.
171163 How to configure Outlook Express 6.0 for Internet mail
Article ID: 259317 - Last Review: Jan 27, 2007 - Revision: 1