- You configure the Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) service in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You use the Information Rights Management (IRM) feature on the Exchange Server 2010 server that has the Client Access server role installed.
- You create an AD RMS rights policy template that has the Request a new use license every time content is consumed option enabled. You assign the rights to a user group.
- You send an IRM-protected email message that uses the RMS template to a user who is a member of the group.
- The user can open the email message successfully by using Microsoft Office Outlook or by using Microsoft Outlook Web App (OWA).
- You remove the user from the group.
In this scenario, the user can still open the email message by using Outlook or OWA.
Therefore, the Exchange server does not honor the NoLicCache flag that is set for the Request a new use license every time content is consumed option.
Article ID: 2600034 - Last Review: Feb 13, 2012 - Revision: 1