- You use Microsoft Office Outlook in online mode in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You set the Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane option in Outlook.
Note To set this option, follow these steps:
- In Outlook, click File, select Options, and then select Mail.
- In the Outlook panes field, click Reading Pane.
- In the Reading Pane window, click to select the Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane check box.
- You search for a keyword, and some message items are returned.