The error in the configuration log is as follows:
Error connecting to URL: https://dev.crm.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc Exception: System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalServerDownException: The server could not be contacted. ---> System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapException: The LDAP server is unavailable. at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.Connect() at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequestHelper(DirectoryRequest request, Int32& messageID) at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request, TimeSpan requestTimeout) at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request) at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.ReadServerConfig(String serverName, ServerProperties& properties)
- (CRM Online) The user's computer is joined to a domain, and the user is logged in to the computer as a domain account. However, the DC is unavailable. (The user is off the domain.)
- (CRM Online) The user is on the domain. However, they are in a multiple-domain environment in which the LDAP query service is on an inaccessible domain.
- (On-Premise) The user has an IFD environment. However, their DC or LDAP query service is unavailable during the configuration.
Installation informationWindows Update Installation
Available December 13, 2011
To automatically install Hotfix 2645912 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, you can use Windows Update. You can also set Windows to automatically install recommended updates. This can address noncritical problems and help improve your computing experience. Optional updates are not downloaded or installed automatically.
To learn more about the kinds of updates that Microsoft publishes, visit the following Microsoft websites:
How to change how Windows installs or notifies you about updates
To Install Hotfix 2645912 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 by using Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then type Update in the Start Search box. In the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the navigation pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows checks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you receive a message that states that important updates are available or that prompts you to review important updates, you can view and select the important updates to install.
- In the list, click any important update for more information, click to select the check box for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates.
- Read and accept the license terms, and then click Finish (if the update requires this action). If you are prompted for an administrator password, type the password. If you are prompted for a confirmation, provide the confirmation.
Manual installationTo manually install Hotfix 2645912 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, follow these steps:
- Visit the following Microsoft Update catalog website:
- In the Search box, type 2645912, and then click Search.
- Click Add to add the update to the basket.
- Click Download.
- Click Browse, specify the folder to which you want to download the update, and then click OK.
- Click Continue, and then click I Accept to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- When the update is downloaded to the location that you specified, click Close.
Article ID: 2645912 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4