This article describes about how to make Windows play an alert each time you press the Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock keys. These alerts can help prevent the frustration of inadvertently pressing a key and not realizing it.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start, type ease of access center in the search box, and then click Ease of Access Center in the Programs list.
- Click Make the keyboard easier to use.
- Under Makes it easier to type, click to select Turn on Toggle Keys, and then click OK.
- Start Control Panel, and then click Accessibility Options.
- On the Keyboard tab, click to select the Use ToggleKeys check box.