- You have a resource forest (forest A) and a trusted account forest (forest B) in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You install Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2) on the Exchange Server 2010 server.
- You link a Universal Security Group (USG) in forest B to a role group in forest A.
- A user is a member of the USG and has permissions to manage the Exchange Server 2010 server in forest A.
- You remove the USG from the Active Directory Domain Service in forest B.
- The user opens the Exchange Management Console (EMC) in forest A, and then the user tries to expand the Microsoft Exchange On-Premises node.
The following error occurred when retrieving user information for 'domain name\account':
Unexpected error XXXXXXXX while executing command 'Get-Linkedrolegroupforlogonuser'.
Article ID: 2672225 - Last Review: May 11, 2012 - Revision: 1