Consider the following scenario:
- You create a new mailbox in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You create an empty folder in the mailbox.
- You run the New-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet to export the mailbox to a personal folder (.pst) file.
- You open the .pst file by using Microsoft Outlook.
- You try to delete the empty folder in the mailbox.
Cannot delete this folder. Right-click the folder, and then click the Properties to check your permissions for the folder. See the folder owner or your administrator to change the permissions.
This issue occurs because the following MAPI properties are not created for the empty folder when you run the New-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet:
To work around this issue, run the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) against the .pst file.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the New-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet, go to the following Microsoft website: For more information about how to find and run the Inbox Repair tool in Outlook , click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
272227 How to find and run the Inbox Repair tool in Outlook