Consider the following scenario:
- You install Microsoft Lync 2010 and Microsoft Outlook 2010 on your computer.
- You configure multiple Microsoft Exchange accounts or additional Exchange mailboxes in an Outlook profile.
- You configure Lync 2010 to match the default Exchange account.
- Exchange Web Service (EWS) is not deployed, or does not work. Therefore, Lync 2010 uses Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) to write the conversation history to the Exchange store.
Note To check whether EWS is working, hold the Ctrl key and right-click the Lync 2010 icon in the notification area. Then, click Configuration Information, and check the EWS Information row.
- You start some conversations by using Lync 2010.
- You check the Conversation History folder in Outlook 2010.
For more information about how to use multiple Exchange accounts, visit the following Microsoft website: For more information about the similar issue in Office Communications Server 2007 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2569723 The IM and call history are not stored in the default Exchange mailbox correctly when you use Office Communicator 2007 R2
Article ID: 2689469 - Last Review: Jun 16, 2012 - Revision: 1