This article describes the update for Microsoft Lync Server 2010 that is dated March 2012.
This article describes the following items about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issues that this update fixesThis update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2680983 Exception code 0xc00000fd when the Lync Server Front-End service crashes in a Lync Server 2010 environment
- 2691941 A user cannot join a Lync Online meeting by clicking a "Join online meeting" link in a Lync Server 2010 environment
- 2670352 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: February 2012
- 2514980 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: November 2011
- 2571546 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: July 2011
- 2500442 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: April 2011
- 2664650 Microsoft push notification messages are not delivered to Lync mobile clients
Update package information
Microsoft Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Server.msp package now.
Release Date: March 2012
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the following update:
2670352 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: February 2012
Registry informationTo use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo apply this update, install the Server.msp package on the following computers:
- Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition Front-end
- Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition Standalone Audio Video Conferencing Server
Removal informationTo remove this update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall the update, you are prompted for the source CD. If you are prompted for the source CD, insert it. Or, provide the path where the source files can be found.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Dbcommon.sql||Not Applicable||20,519||7/21/11||2:32||Not Applicable|
|Dbrtc.sql||Not Applicable||1,283,344||2/18/12||17:21||Not Applicable|
|Dbsetup.wsf||Not Applicable||108,754||2/18/12||17:21||Not Applicable|
|File_interclusterrouting.am||Not Applicable||13,127||2/18/12||16:51||Not Applicable|
|File_outboundrouting.am||Not Applicable||11,589||2/18/12||16:49||Not Applicable|
|File_translationservice.am||Not Applicable||11,056||2/18/12||16:49||Not Applicable|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about the latest updates for Lync Server 2010, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2493736 Updates for Lync Server 2010
Article ID: 2689846 - Last Review: Apr 13, 2012 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition, Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition