Consider the following scenario:
- You configure a Send connector in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You create a mailbox in this environment.
- You configure mail forwarding for the mailbox by using the follow configuration:
- You set an external recipient as the forwarding address.
- You do not select the Deliver message to both forwarding address and mailbox check box.
- A user sends an email message to the mailbox.
- The email message is successfully relayed to the external recipient.
Pending: Message delivery is taking longer than expected. There may be system delays. For more information contact your helpdesk.The following tracking information is correct in this scenario:
Transferred: The message was successfully handed off to a different e-mail system. This is as far as we can track it.Note The administrator can query the tracking information by using Exchange Control Panel or by running the search-messagetrackingreport or get-messagetrackingreport cmdlet in Exchange Management Shell.
This issue occurs because a function in a message tracking component tries to obtain the information for the recipient instead of the external recipient to which the email message is forwarded.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to configure mail forwarding for a mailbox, visit the following Microsoft website:Search-MessageTrackingReport cmdlet, visit the following Microsoft website:Get-MessageTrackingReport cmdlet, visit the following Microsoft website: