- You have a user (use A) whose email address contains a hyphen (-) in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You create a contact that contains a hyphen. The email address of the contact resembles the email address of user A.
- You create an email message by using Outlook Web App.
- You type the email address of user A in the To, Cc, or Bcc box.
- You click the Check Names button.
For example, user A’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The contact’s email address is email@example.com. You type firstname.lastname@example.org in Outlook Web App. Then, you click the Check Names button. In this situation, the email address is resolved incorrectly to email@example.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org.