Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft PowerPoint 2013. This update provides the latest fixes for the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of PowerPoint 2013 and Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT. Additionally, this update contains stability and performance improvements.
Issues that this update fixes
- Assume that you open a presentation that does not contain off-slide content in PowerPoint 2013. Then, you select Fit to Window on the VIEW tab. In this situation, you have to rotate the mouse wheel more times than expected to scroll to the next or previous slide.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You download a presentation in Windows Internet Explorer, and then you click Open.
- You click Enable Editing in the presentation in PowerPoint 2013.
- You make some changes and save the presentation. You do not select a location for the save operation.
Note Files in the Temporary Internet Files folder are not displayed in the Most Recently Used list (MRU).
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to Office 2013 MSI installations only. This update does not apply to click-to-run installations.
To identify the installation version of Office 2013, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an "Update Options" item is displayed. For an MSI installation, the "Update Options" item is not displayed.
Note The update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT is available only from Windows Update.
Download the 32-bit update package now.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
You do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Article ID: 2727013 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2
Microsoft PowerPoint 2013, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT