This article applies to either a Microsoft Access database (.mdb) file or to a Microsoft Access database (.accdb) file, and to a Microsoft Access project (.adp) file.
- Open the Excel workbook.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
Note In Excel 2007, click Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, in the Save as typelist, click Web Page.
Selection: Sheet option and then click Save.
- In Access, open the database into which you want to import the data.
- On the File menu, point to Get External Data, and then click Import.
Note In Access 2007, click Excel in the Import group on the External Data tab.
- Select the HTML file that you created in step 4.
Notice that when the Import HTML wizard appears, the format of the sample data will not appear as expected.
- Complete the steps of the Import HTML wizard.
- Open the table in the Datasheet view.
Notice that the currency symbol appears as it did in Excel.
Article ID: 275068 - Last Review: Oct 30, 2008 - Revision: 1