Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office 2013. This update provides the latest fixes for 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Office 2013 and Office Home and Student 2013 RT. Additionally, this update contains stability and performance improvements.
Issues that this update fixes
- Consider the following scenario:
- You sync files between Microsoft Office 2013 and OneDrive.
- You sign in to OneDrive.
- OneDrive prompts you to download a file.
- Assume that you run Office 2013 on a touchscreen device that has a high DPI. When you set the scale level of the physical DPI on the device to 150 percent, the Presenter View icons are small and closely spaced. Therefore, you cannot easily tap the icons.
- Assume that you use PowerPoint 2013 to open some large size .pptx files. Then, you add images to a newly created slide. When you try to open another presentation in PowerPoint 2013, the PowerPoint 2013 UI dims.
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to Office 2013 MSI installations only. This update does not apply to click-to-run installations.
To identify the installation version of Office 2013, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an "Update Options" item is displayed. For an MSI installation, the "Update Options" item is not displayed.
Note The update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT is available only from Windows Update.
Download the 32-bit update package now.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
You do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Article ID: 2752100 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT, Microsoft Office Personal 2013, Microsoft Office Professional 2013, Microsoft Office Professional Academic 2013, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013, Microsoft Office Standard 2013