- The issues that the update rollup resolves
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup resolves
This update resolves an issue in which the digital signature on files produced and signed by Microsoft expires prematurely, as described in Microsoft Security Advisory 2749655. Therefore, we recommend that you install this update.
In addition to the Exchange Server 2010 issues that are described in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 2706690 , this update also resolves the following Exchange 2010 issue:
- 2756987 Outlook only returns one result after you click the "Your search returned a large number of results. Narrow your search, or click here to view all results" message.
Update rollup informationThe file is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Important information for customers who install the update on computers that are not connected to the Internet
When you install this update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Windows Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
Update issue on computers that have customized Outlook Web App files
Important Before you apply the update rollup, we recommend that you make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web App files. For more information about how to customize Outlook Web App, go to the following Microsoft website:
Update issue for CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customers who deploy CAS-CAS proxying
If you meet both of the following conditions, apply the update rollup on the Internet-facing Client Access servers before you apply the update rollup on the non-Internet-facing Client Access servers:
- You are a CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customer.
- You have deployed CAS-CAS proxying.
Note For other Exchange Server 2010 configurations, you do not have to apply the update rollup on the servers in a certain order.
For more information about CAS-CAS proxying, go to the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update rollup, you must have Exchange Server 2010 SP2 installed.
Note Remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 before you apply this update rollup.
Restart requirementThe required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 2756485.
REFERENCESFor more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2756485 - Last Review: Oct 10, 2012 - Revision: 1