The cumulative update for Microsoft Office Web Apps Server that was released in February 2013 adds new functionality, fixes issues, and improves performance in Office Web Apps Server. The following is a list of the functionality that is added, the issues that are fixed, and the improvements that are made.
Excel OnlineNew functionality:
- You can view comments in Excel Online and edit documents that contain comments by using Excel Online.
- You can change the size and location of charts on touch devices.
- You can select multiple rows or columns on touch devices.
PowerPoint OnlineNew functionality:
- PowerPoint Online now has shortcut menus and MiniBars.
- You can copy and paste all supported objects between slides.
- You can copy images from your web browser and paste them into PowerPoint Online.
- You can format text at the shape level.
- You can change the layout of your slide.
- Co-authoring speed and reliability are improved.
- Sessions can no longer stay open for more than 20 minutes after you save a presentation. This preserves server resources.
- The loading performance on slower bandwidths is improved.
Word OnlineNew functionality:
- Word Online now has MiniBars.
- You can display .pdf files in the Word Online, and you can convert .pdf files to .docs files. To enable this functionality, apply the cumulative update for Office Web App Server 2013 that was released in February 2013. Then, enable the functionality in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 by using the following Windows PowerShell cmdlet:
New-SPWOPIBinding –ServerName "Server.corp.Contoso.com" -Application WordPDF
- You can copy images from your web browser and paste them into Word Online.
- When you try to save a document in Word Online, you receive a "Problem saving your document" error message.
- After you enable the Track Changes feature in Word Online, you cannot open certain documents.
OneNote OnlineNew functionality:
- OneNote Online now has MiniBars.
- You can copy images from your web browser and paste them into OneNote Online.
Across all Office OnlineIssues that are fixed and improvements that are made:
- Reliability is improved.
- When an HTTP binding does not exist, health monitors in Office Web Apps Server do not work as expected.
- If you do not install the language pack of a fallback language, some text does not fall back to the fallback language.
To install the cumulative update for Office Web Apps Server, install the update that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
2760486 Description of the Office Web Apps Server hotfix package (Wacserver-x-none.msp): February 12, 2013
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2767967 - Last Review: Apr 17, 2014 - Revision: 1