- You enable BitLocker Drive Encryption on a USB storage device that is connected to a Windows 7-based or a Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer.
- When you run BitLocker To Go on the USB storage device, one of the following situations occurs and leads to an NTFS unexpected shutdown (also known as a dirty shutdown):
- You disconnect the USB device without ejecting it.
- The computer encounters a hard restart or shutdown, or encounters a power failure.
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
How to obtain this update
Microsoft UpdateThis update is available from the Windows Update website.
Microsoft Download CenterThe following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
|All supported x86-based versions of Windows 7||Download the update package now.|
|All supported x64-based versions of Windows 7||Download the update package now.|
|All supported x64-based versions of Windows Server 2008 R2||Download the update package now.|
|All supported IA-64-based versions of Windows Server 2008 R2||Download the update package now.|
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)