Microsoft has released Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3). This service pack is dated February 12, 2013 and includes the following new features and capabilities:
- Coexistence with Exchange 2013: You can now install Exchange Server 2013 in your existing Exchange Server 2010 organization. To do this, install Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 1 (CU1). You cannot install Exchange Server 2013 in your existing Exchange Server 2010 organization by using Exchange Server 2013 RTM installation media.
Note Exchange Server 2013 CU1 is also an installation medium for Exchange Server 2013.
- Support for Windows Server 2012: You can now install and deploy Exchange Server 2010 on computers that are running Windows Server 2012.
- Support for Internet Explorer 10: You can now use Internet Explorer 10 to connect to Exchange 2010.
- Customer Requested Fixes: Exchange Server 2010 SP3 contains all the fixes that are contained in update rollups that were released before SP3. For more information about the release schedules of Exchange 2010 updates, see Exchange 2010 Servicing.
- The issues that the service pack resolves
- How to obtain the service pack
- The prerequisites for installing the service pack
Issues that the service pack resolvesIn addition to the customer reported issues that are resolved in previous service packs, this service pack also resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2552121 You cannot synchronize a mailbox by using an Exchange ActiveSync device in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2729444 Mailboxes are quarantined after you install the Exchange Server 2010 SP2 version of the Exchange Server 2010 Management Pack
- 2778100 Long delay in receiving email messages by using Outlook in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2779351 SCOM alert when the Test-PowerShellConnectivity cmdlet is executed in an Exchange Server 2010 organization
- 2784569 Slow performance when you search a GAL by using an EAS device in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2796950 Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.exe process consumes excessive CPU resources when a SCOM server monitors Exchange Server 2010 Client Access servers
- 2800133 W3wp.exe process consumes excessive CPU and memory resources on an Exchange Client Access server after you apply Update Rollup 5 version 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- 2800346 Outlook freezes and a high network load occurs when you apply retention policies to a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2810617 Can't install an Exchange Server 2010 update rollup or service pack when a Windows PowerShell script execution policy is defined in Group Policy
- 2787500 Declined meeting request is added back to your calendar after a delegate opens the request by using Outlook 2010
- 2797529 Email message delivery is delayed on a Blackberry mobile device after you install Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- 2799450 LDAP search stops working in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2800080 ErrorServerBusy response code when you synchronize an EWS-based application to a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2768774 Meeting in attendee’s Calendar loses track of the meeting organizer
Service pack informationThe following service pack is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Make sure that any server on which you plan to install the service pack meets the system requirements. For more information about system requirements, see Exchange 2010 System Requirements.
- Understand the prerequisites for all server roles. For more information about prerequisites, see Exchange 2010 Prerequisites. For more information about server roles, see Overview of Exchange 2010 Server Roles.
- Actual requirements will vary based on system configuration and specific features installed. For more detailed system requirements, please refer to the Exchange Server 2010 Technical Documentation Library.