Consider the following scenario:
- You configure a 2-way WCF-BasicHttp receive port that receives Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) messages from a WCF client in Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 or in Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013.
- The 2-way receive port receives an invalid EDI message during the EDI disassemble stage, and an error occurs.
- An error message is logged in the event log, and a negative 999 acknowledgement is published to the Message Box database.
- An orchestration obtains the 999 acknowledgement and then publishes the acknowledgement to the Message Box database.
- You enable the "failed message routing" feature.
- The Batchcomplete method fails, and you receive the following error message:Log Name: Application
Source: BizTalk Server
Event ID: 5673
Task Category: BizTalk Server
The Messaging Engine received an error from transport adapter " WCF-BasicHttp" when notifying the adapter with the BatchComplete event. Reason "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: error".
- The 2-way receive port on the response computer obtains the 999 acknowledgement. However, the 2-way receive port cannot send the acknowledgement back to the WCF client.
- A suspended receive instance is not displayed on the Group hub page in the BizTalk Server Administration Console.
Cumulative update information
For BizTalk Server 2013The hotfix that resolves this issue is included in cumulative update package 2 for BizTalk Server 2013.
For more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2892599 Cumulative update package 2 for BizTalk Server 2013
For BizTalk Server 2010The hotfix that resolves this issue is included in cumulative update package 6 for BizTalk Server 2010.
For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2855367 Cumulative update package 6 for BizTalk Server 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to enable routing for failed messages, go to the following MSDN website:
2555976 Service pack and cumulative update list for BizTalk ServerFor more information about BizTalk hotfixes and cumulative update support, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2003907 Information about BizTalk hotfixes and Cumulative Update support