- You have a Windows 7-based computer that uses mobile broadband connection.
- You roam through different network providers. For example, this occurs when you are traveling.
- You manually register with a network provider on the computer.
This issue occurs when one of the following conditions is true:
- The network provider is classified as forbidden by your home provider.
- The network provider offers no suitable data class.
How to obtain this update
Microsoft UpdateThis update is available from the Microsoft Update website:
Microsoft Download CenterThe following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
|All supported x86-based versions of Windows 7||Download the update package now.|
|All supported x64-based versions of Windows 7||Download the update package now.|
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
For more information about how to obtain a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Registry informationTo apply this hotfix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Article ID: 2813956 - Last Review: May 14, 2013 - Revision: 1