Consider the following scenario:
- You download a file in Windows Internet Explorer 9 or Internet Explorer 10.
- The name of the file contains extended characters.
- You click Open on the Notification bar to open the file.
- The file does not open.
- The application that is associated with the file starts. However, you receive an error message that states that the file could not be found.
Security update informationTo resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website:
- This update was first included in the following security update:2817183 MS13-028: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: April 9, 2013
- For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, go to the following Microsoft websites:
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.